By placing an order, you are agreeing to all of the below policies.
*FAQ and Policies*
-How much do you charge?
The price of a cake can differ greatly. I have to have this information to give you a quote:
Time of event:
The more information you give, the better!
-What flavors do you offer?
My flavor lists are attached to this post in the photos.
Local Bakers I recommend:
Cakes by Carolyn
Tiered Creations by Gidget
Debbie June's Cakery
Ellie's Sweet Kitchen
There are many others, this is a small list of bakers that I personally know in the area.
-Do you make gluten free cakes?
I don't, but I highly recommend CC Confectionery Creations, and Drink and Clink for gluten free treats.
-Do you make cookies?
I don't, but I highly recommend Soiree's by Shannon, Ellie's Sweet Kitchen, Barlau's Bakery, and Shelby Cakes Wichita Falls for custom cookies. There are MANY more that do amazing work, these are just a few.
-Do you make cake pops?
I don't, but I highly recommend The Rolling Pin and Shelby's Sweet Pops for cake pops.
-Do you do cake tastings?
Yes, I do. Tasting cakes are 4 inches in diameter, and are $10 each.
-What is your PayPal, Venmo, or Cashapp?
There are no fees for Zelle and Cashapp payments.
If you use Venmo, a 2% charge will be added to cover the fee Venmo charges me as a merchant.
If you use Paypal, a 6% charge will be added to cover the fee PayPal charges me as a merchant.
Please put your event date somewhere on your payment. I confirm all payments when received. If you don't receive a confirmation from me, please send me a message.
-Where is your business located?
I operate under the Texas Cottage Food Law. I have a Texas Food Handler's card, and I am ServSafe certified. I do not list my address on the internet for the safety and privacy of my family. If you will be picking up an order, my address will be given to you at that time.
-Why can't you fit me in, it's just a cake?
The average cake takes between 6-8 hours of planning, shopping, and baking. Assembly could take 2-3 hours. Creation of handmade decorations could take days.
- Defamation or slander will be followed by legal action, period.
- I will not duplicate other artist's work, nor will I make a cake identical to one of my own. Each cake will be individual to you and your celebration.
- You agree that small changes to design or cake may be made to ensure original work, structural integrity, account for ingredient shortage, and overall best possible aesthetic.
- I am not responsible for the cake after it has left my home.
- Due to the Texas heat and humidity, I strongly recommend you have you car completely cooled when you come to get the cake. Please keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. I cannot be held responsible for melting, slippage, or buckling. Cakes are not made to sit for days, nor are they heat resistant.
- You are responsible for providing a flat and safe surface in your vehicle for the cake (floorboard or back of SUV is best). Please keep the cake box flat, this is imperative.
- Buttercream is my standard, meaning I only use fondant if it is specifically requested, or is absolutely necessary to achieve the look or effect requested. Fondant can be removed prior to eating if you wish.
-Edible figures and decorations may have supports in them including candy sticks and/or cocktail sticks.
- Allotted weekday pickup times are between the hours of 12-8 pm.
- Allotted weekend pickup times are between the hours of 10am -9 pm.
*If you need your cake earlier or later than the allotted pick up times, we will need to reschedule your pickup for the day before or day after (depending on your needs).
***** Effective: 1/24/20:
In the event anyone in my household develops a fever, gastro symptoms, or any other indication of a contagious illness, I cannot and will not complete any orders until said person has been fever/symptom free for more than 24 hours.
In the event that this occurs, you will be refunded in full immediately, including your deposit.
This policy is in place to ensure safe sanitation practices, and to keep everyone well. It is in no one's best interest to spread contagious and potentially dangerous illness.******
-I respond to messages as I am able. Messaging me on another platform repeatedly is harassment will result in a block/ban
-Deposits for special events are $20, with the remaining balance due one week prior to pickup. Your final payment date will be provided to you when you place your deposit.
-Deposits for weddings are $200, with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event. Your final payment date will be provided to you when you place your deposit and contract is signed.
-Deposits are non-refundable.
- In the event I must cancel for any reason, your full cost, deposit included, will be refunded to you immediately using the same payment method you used to make your deposit.
-Deposits must be made by PayPal, Venmo, Cashapp, or Zelle. I DO NOT accept cash, checks, or money orders as deposits.
-Deposits have no grace period. If a deposit is not received, that date is still available to other clients. I cannot and will not hold a date without a deposit.
- Final payments can be made via PayPal, Venmo, Cashapp, Check, Money Order, and cash.
-I offer Paypal layaway, with a $20 deposit, balance can be paid off in any increment until paid in full. Layaway is not refundable.
-If you fail to pay your deposit, I am not responsible for another person booking your date. I cannot guarantee a date without a deposit.
- At least 14 days notice is required for custom toppers so there is ample time for it to arrive. The cost of toppers is not included in your cake. If you'd like me to order the topper for you, you must notify me when ordering. I am able to order using Amazon Prime, Etsy, and I have a local maker that makes glitter text toppers.
-Serving sizes are listed in the attached chart. If you want slices larger than 1"x 1/2" x 2", please notify me as this will change the size and cost of your cake. I will not be held responsible for cake shortage due to larger than listed slices.
-I answer all messages within 48 hours, however I take weekends off in order to best serve my clients. Please do not repeatedly message me asking for replies, I always respond when I can, many times within the hour if possible. There is no such thing as a cake "emergency", please understand that my family comes first.
-I have the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime. I also have the right to remove you from the Facebook page if you fail to be appropriate or kind. Please do not use profanity, hate speech, or any other inappropriate comments. Cake is fun, let's keep it that way. If you don't like my work, then don't follow my page. I will not tolerate any bad mouthing of ANY other bakers, businesses, bakeries, etc. Be KIND!
-Please do not send me a friend request unless I personally know you. Ordering a cake can be done through my business page, email, Instagram, etc., And does not require being Facebook friends. I LOVE my clients, and many eventually become friends, but for the safety of my family, especially our child, I will not accept requests from people I don't know. Thank you for your understanding, and not taking this policy personally.